If you or someone you know has been sexually abused by a member of the clergy or other church personnel, you can register a complaint by one of the following means:
- First, call the Department of Family and Protective Services at 1-800-252-5400 or report the abuse online at www.txabsuehotline.org.
- If the person is in immediate danger, call 911.
- Then call the Chancery at (361) 573-0828 and ask to speak with the Bishop; or
- Call Vicki Pyatt, LMSW, Coordinator of Pastoral Care and Outreach for the Diocese of Victoria at 361-827-7176 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Write to: The Most Rev. Brendan Cahill, Diocese of Victoria, P. O. Box 4070, Victoria, Texas 77903-4070. Mark your letter “Personal and Confidential”
We will also help you bring your concerns to church officials outside the diocese if the abuse occurred elsewhere and you now reside in the Diocese of Victoria.
If you are unsure about bringing a complaint or would like further information, please contact:
Vicki L. Pyatt at 361-827-7186.
updated: 030317 15:01